Friday, October 26, 2007

Out and About

The Washington Blade, the DC newspaper targeted specifically for the gay and lesbian community just came out with its Best of DC issue, and I'm glad to see some of my favorites made it on to their lists.



Best new restaurant is Jack's Restaurant and Bar in Dupont Circle. We've had the chef, Hector Playuk, on the show I'm a producer on a number of times and he's always a hit. While I haven't had a chance to make it out there, he's a great guy and always brings fantastic food.



Best vegetarian food goes to Vegetate, where I'll be having dinner Sunday. Again, we've had Chef Caesare Assad on the show before (and hopefully again soon). Aside from being an all-around incredible person, she's a great chef, and I'm glad to see that she's getting the props that she deserves.

Other winners include Indique for best Indian, and Hank's Oyster Bar for best wine list.

No comments: