Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why I'm not fit for public consumption

Right now my office is in a state of flux. We're moving and the show I work on is being completely reformatted. I've been "working from home" during the past few weeks while our office space is set up, but today I was dragged to the network's main office in Columbia, Maryland.

Now this upsets me for a variety of reasons, the least of which is I live in Arlington, Virginia, which is a long way from Columbia, Maryland. The primary reason is that working up here means being stuck in a dark cube farm (none of the lights are on, just the warming glow of my computer screen - and of course there aren't any windows to allow natural light in) and dealing with the clowns that work here on a daily basis.

So I'm sitting here, trying to get some work done (or at least look like I am), and the woman in the cube across from me (who I can't see, only hear) calls to order Chinese food.

Normally this is an open and shut case. Any moron can order Chinese food in a couple minutes and go about their business...but not this one. No, she wanted Kung Pao Chicken, but she didn't want it spicy.



Clearly she didn't get the Kung Pao Chicken mass email that was sent out earlier today.

Did she give up when the guy on the other end of the phone clearly told her that Kung Pao is spicy? No, she proceeded to argue for ten whole minutes.

And what happened when the food finally came? She took another ten minutes to complain that the chicken was too spicy.

How do these people function? This I want to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four words. Moo Goo Gai Pan. Ugh.
Sorry to hear your stuck in a dark cube. Talk about gopher holes!

B said...

Uhm. I would've smacked her in the back of the head with a magazine. . . or heavy book.