Monday, January 21, 2008

Green isn't just the color of the tea

After reading the article in WaPo from this past Wednesday about "green" restaurants, Apples and I decided to check out Java Shack, near Courthouse in Arlington.

It's a cute little place tucked away off of Wilson Blvd that reminded me a lot of something I'd see in Northampton, not Arlington. The seating is relatively limited, but once it gets warmer outside and the patio opens up, it'll double capacity.

The drink prices are reasonable, especially compared to Starbucks, and togo cups are environmentally safe.



Apples and I both got chai, which was very good, certainly better than the chai I got from the green giant earlier that day.

So if you're in the Courthouse area, and you're looking for a quick pick-me-up, Java Shack is the place to go.

3 comments:

The Ex said...

Chai, really? That hardly seems like a man drink.

friendsforkim said...

I think it's fairly safe to say that I'm hardly a man.

Richard Nixon said...

Hey, Chai is plenty manly!