Saturday, November 10, 2007

The times they are...well, slightly altering

So I'm sitting here doing what all the cool kids are doing on a Saturday night - updating the blog. Actually, I'm using the excuse of both Miami and Florida playing on ESPN and ESPN2 and the fact that I can hardly walk due to a football injury sustained today to really take a hard look at the blog.

Don't worry, I'm not changing this to a blog on seagrass (just making sure you're reading Jack-o), but I'll probably be making some (purely aesthetic) changes to the blog.

As you can see, I made a temporary change to the banner. If anyone knows how to make a better looking banner without the annoying ad, let me know. We should talk.

Also, I feel that the rediculous amounts of green space on either side of the text is well...rediculous.

I'd like to stay with blogger, but I think after 200+ posts, it's time to take this blog to the next level.

Seriously, if you have any ideas, any suggestions on how to make the blog better, let me know. It's something I'm very proud of, and I'd like to be able to roll something better out in early January for the one year anniversary.

2 comments:

courtney said...

I know! I know!

If you click your "customize" link and hit "edit" in your title box right underneath the nav. bar, you can upload a photo there, and it will display your text over the top of it. it's pretty special. you'll probably have to play with the size of the photo to get it right unless you actually know what you're doing... i didn't know what i was doing when i did mine, so i had to guess a few times but overall it was pretty easy.

found you on 20somethings. welcome! and great blog!

Anonymous said...

you can't alter the green space much without it affecting the way people with smaller screens see the blog.