Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm gonna...go home?

Woooo! Beaujolais Nouveau!!

After seeing No Country for Old Men - which I simply can't say enough good things about. See this movie. See this movie now, and then see it tomorrow. I don't see a lot of movies twice in the theaters, but I might just see this three times.

Where was I? Oh yes, so after seeing the movie the family went to Gordon Biersch. Steve was hungry, and GB is a brewery, so this all made sense. What doesn't make sense is the food there. JohnManning got some sort of apple bread pudding cake pie(?) - ok, so I don't know what it was, but it was massive. Thankfully JohnManning rationalized it by stating that apples are healthy, and bread is healthy, so it had to be a good idea.

Even worse looking than that was Meg's peanut butter and chocolate pie which didn't look like food at all.

So after all that was said, done and paid for, JohnManning and I ventured down to Les Halles to meet Ags.

Our reservations were for 10:45, a little over an hour before the Beaujolais was set to flow like rain.

Did I make it?

No.

I think a combination of sitting three feet from the massive movie screen at E St. and having four sliders plus a ton of other food at Matchbox beforehand totally did me in.

So instead of drinking the first of the Beaujolais, I was drinking water - with about a dozen Advil.

Oh well, there's always next year.

1 comment:

Richard Nixon said...

I really want to see No Country for Old Men too. But wait, I CAN'T. Why? Because ITS NOT PLAYING ANYWHERE IN MAINE. Nor is it showing in any New Hampshire theaters within an hour of where I live.

However, I have 50+ choices of theaters to watch $&%^*#%*%%&$&&$& Fred Claus in.