Wednesday, November 21, 2007

First Look and T-1 Day to T-Day

Well happy Food Day everyone. No traditional food day material as I haven't even read Tom's Chat today (I know, it's been one of those days).

I do however want to give a quick first look to Comet, where I went last night with Ags, Evan and Joe after a visit to Politics and Prose.

To paraphrase Joe, it's like a hipster family restaurant. He wasn't a big fan of the atmosphere, I enjoyed it. I thought it was relaxed enough to be a place where I'd want to be a regular.

But how was the pizza?

To be honest, I was a little thrown. Reading up on Comet, and their constant comparisons to 2 Amy's, RedRocks, and Bebo, you'd think they're serving Neapolitan style pies.

Well, they don't. The pies are New Haven style, or at least that's what I thought, and when it comes down to it, quite good. I had one with "melted onions and Italian sausage". I felt the onions and sausage (my favorite combination on pizza/anything) worked perfectly with the pie. I did find the crust a little tough however, and a little too charred at parts (though I understand that's the trademark of the New Haven style pie).

If I had to choose between Comet and 2 Amy's, at least from what I've had to Comet, I'd still prefer 2 Amy's, but that might just be because I prefer the Neapolitan style about the New Haven.

That's it for now, I'm off to the airport to head back to the Sunshine State!

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: