Monday, June 16, 2008

First Look: Perry's Restaurant

One of the advantages of living in Washington D.C., or any other major city, is the large selection of bars and restaurants at your disposal, and the chance that maybe one of those can become your restaurant or bar.



My friends and I have gone through a number of bars during our years in D.C., and have found some gems. From Nanny O'Brien's in Cleveland Park to Townhouse Tavern in Dupont Circle, once you find a place with good drinks, friendly service, and that other special factor that just makes it yours, it's hard to go anywhere else.

Yesterday was my first time at Perry's in Adams Morgan, like love at first sight, this bar was mine at first drink. Now you probably know Perry's from their incredibly popular Drag Brunch on Sundays, but yesterday night was a perfect first look; the crowd was a little older and quieter, the bar was empty, and the weather was perfect; on such a beautiful night, you would have been foolish not to sit on their rooftop deck with a view right down Columbia Ave. NW.

Intending just to have a quick dinner, my friends and I ended up staying for dinner and several drinks - in large part because the service was so good (the bartenders are all incredible) and the food was actually decent.

Go for their happy hour specials - not exactly the cheapest food in Adams Morgan, but at $5 for a small plate and $4 for a cocktail, it just might be what the doctor ordered after a long weekend.

I didn't get a chance to explore the large sushi bar downstairs, but the sashimi I had was as fresh as you'd get at most sushi bars, and all of the other sushi looked and tasted delicious.

I don't know if it was the free shots that were flowing, the sunset on the deck, or the fish in my stomach, but Perry's has a lock on me, and I think I'm ok with that.

Photo Courtesy: Cooltownstudios.com

No comments: