Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First Look - New Big Wong

Ok, get the laughing out of the way now. New Big Wong might have a funny name, but it has some serious food.



Located in the heart of Chinatown, this hole in the wall is a great stop for those in search of a great, quick, cheap meal before a game at the Verizon center, or during your lunch break.

Arriving before 8:30pm for dinner, you'll find a range of specials from $6.75 to $8.75, which includes a bowl of egg drop soup, an eggroll, and an entree. I opted for the tofu with vegetables which came with a large serving of rice.

The tofu was fried nicely and the veggies were perfectly cooked.

The service was surprisingly quick, and I was in and out within a half hour (it also helps that I eat ridiculously fast).

The menu at New Big Wong is much larger than just those specials, and everything is very reasonably priced. I think next time I walk by this dumpy looking restaurant instead of laughing I might just go in.

No comments: