Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Small but Satisfying

So I would describe my first experience with "Sparky's, " an "All-American Food" joint that recently opened downtown. They specialize in hot dogs, fries, grilled cheese... basic street-cart food, all served from a chic, slick little storefront. I was in a hurry and didnt want to make a mess, so I got a plain dog to go. In the future I'll definitely test out their other, more exciting options (dogs decked out with chili, cheese, bacon, etc). The bun, a standard hot dog roll, was nicely toasted and pleasantly crisp. The dog itself, billed as "all-organic beef," was long and thin, its ends hanging off the ends of the bun. Juicy, meaty, on-the-mark salty and freshly grilled, it was a satisfying snack and, at $2.50, quite a bargain. I like Sparky's. I'll be back.

Sparky's All American Food
241 Main St.
Northampton, MA 01060
(Sparky's doesn't have a website, but check out this article about its sister store in NY, and drool: Sparky's!)

No comments: