Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's the most important meal of the day

But according to this ABC report, breakfast isn't exactly what it used to be, and now breakfast icons Denny's and IHOP are fighting back against their fast food rivals.



Introducing "more portable products, offering to-go and curbside pickup programs and remodeling their locations", Denny's and IHOP are hoping to cut their loses and regain what was once their sizable share of the breakfast market.

For me, growing up, Denny's was my favorite of the bunch, probably because there were two within close driving distance to where I lived (there was actually a place called Wags Restaurant that had a cute little raccoon as their mascot that I really loved, after that closed it became a Todd's - which was essentially the same restaurant, and then an empty lot for years), yet oddly I rarely got breakfast there - it was mainly a dinner/after school hangout kind of place.

So my loyal reader(s), do you think restaurants like Denny's and IHOP have a chance against the golden arches? Will you buy into their new schemes to get you into their booths early in the morning?

No comments: