Monday, December 3, 2007

What a wasted weekend...

not in the sense that I didn't do anything, but in the sense that I was wasted for most of it.

At some point on Saturday night, after a trip to the Dancing Crab in Tenleytown (nothing like reliving those college years) the family ended up at Steak & Egg.

For those of you don't know about Steak & Egg, or who have never been, it's kind of like Minibar...for drunk people.

You really shouldn't get a degree from AU unless you've done at least 6 credits of Steak & Egg; and while I didn't frequent it that often while I was there, I always like stopping by if I'm in the neighborhood at 3am on a weekend night.



There really is no sight like watching those line cooks do their thing at some ridiculous hour at night as dozens of drunk kids try not to throw up into their coffee.

Steak & Egg wasn't the only stop on my magical mystery tour of a weekend. Starting and ending with two lovely dinners with my favorite editor/freelance writer, there was a traditional "Irish" meal at some new "Irish" place in Dupont that really isn't worth writing about (though I didn't know that "Irish Whiskey Mayo" was the same thing as tartar sauce) and two great parties that I'll blame/credit for the inebriated state I was in all weekend - Tweaks, Toby, Ags - great job to all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some sobering up to do.

1 comment:

Um... Yum! said...

I've never heard of Steak & Egg before, but I'm thinking about going to AU for grad school, so it sounds like I'll be frequenting it a lot. :o)