Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I guess that's why I call it food day

Normally I have a very boring lunch. Usually just chicken I make at home in the morning and a little spinach salad. Today though, since my office is in the process of moving, I decided to take a nice long lunch with a co-worker at Kaz Sushi Bistro.

I haven't been to Kaz since Restaurant Week a year ago (or two years ago, I honestly forget), but it was just as good as I remember it. Highlights were a big piece of tuna with a little spec of Italian black truffle on top, and a wonderful piece of foie gras with plum jelly on top.

This was my first experience with truffle, and I can (at least to a certain extent) see what the big deal is about, and I really look forward to trying more of it in the future.

The foie was well, awesome as always. It was the first time my co-worker had tried it, and it was a great first impression.

If that wasn't enough, there's still dinner tonight at Brasserie Beck.

1 comment:

Maxie said...

Do you think this is the best place to get sushi in the district, or would you recommend somewhere else?