Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another one for the Florida file

One of the guys I produce with told me at one of the stations he used to work for they had a "Florida File", essentially a collection of stories so bizarre, so out of the ordinary, they'd have to come from Florida - as most of them did.

So when a 10 year old 5th grader gets arrested for bringing a steak knife to school in order to cut...her steak, where else could this happen?

This is what I'd imagine the scene was like soon after the knife in question was confiscated by the authorities:



So, were they right in arresting her? Or should she be allowed to cut her meat in peace?

1 comment:

Meg Roberts said...

Ouch. Florida in the headlines again? I really love my state sometimes.

I think it's outrageous that this girl was ARRESTED. Whatever happened to calling the parents and sending her to detention?

Couldn't that law enforcement been used elsewhere for a more productive outcome than scaring a little girl who thought she was getting a steak lunch? (glad I stuck with PB&J...)