Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snobbery or Taste?

If this blog has done one thing for me, it's opening up doors to new foods and new food experiences that I probably would have never opened or experienced.

With experience comes a better sense of knowing what's good food and what's not.

When I was growing up in a small town, what I thought was good is food that I probably won't touch unless forced.

I remember the first time I went to the Cheesecake Factory. I skipped the second half of school with a couple friends to go. I thought it was the best thing ever.

Now, I wouldn't go if you paid for my meal. (I have my reasons, I just don't want to get into them now)

So, my question to you out there - is this me being a food snob, or just my palate being refined?

1 comment:

Richard Nixon said...

It's all about balance. You can refine your palette while still accepting "lesser" food, if it comes in a good social setting (such as our friends wanting to go to a place). So long as its a matter of promoting food you like, and prefer, rather than looking down on people for their tastes, you're good.

And as you said about South Bend; for many people Ruby Tuesdays is the best option out there.