Monday, February 26, 2007

Meat and Potatoes

Another snowy weekend, another hastily put together meal:

- Baked breaded Mahi-Mahi
- Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- Cheddar Sourdough Bread

The dolphin was on sale - so I bought a pretty decent sized fillet (for a little over $6.00). I dipped it in a mix of melted butter and milk, then coated the fish in a mixture of Italian breadcrumbs and shredded Parmesan cheese.

After fighting with my gas oven over its reticence to turn on, I was able to get it to about 425, where I baked the fish for about 10 minutes. This allowed it to come out flaky and moist - nearly perfect.

Accompanying the fish was a side of mashed potatoes - essentially a bag of small yellow potatoes, boiled, salted, peppered, and garlic-ed - splashed with a decent amount of chipotle Tabasco sauce and then mashed. I didn't put a whole lot, just enough to taste it slightly. A little goes a long way.

Finally, I sliced up some leftover sourdough bread and placed a slice of cheddar cheese on top - putting it in the oven (still at 425 or so) for about 5 minutes. The cheese was melted, the bread was toasted, and all was well in the world.

1 comment:

Richard Nixon said...

I agree; it was delicious. Mmm...Flipper...