Friday, May 9, 2008

Michael Pollan on ABC's Nightline

I'm glad to see he's getting the credit and the attention he deserves.



The sad part is that not everyone can afford to buy into his solution - to eat real (which usually means organic) food; however, it can be done.

For example, this is what I've eaten today:

Breakfast: Organic PB&J - all ingredients were "all natural", no High Fructose Corn Syrup or artificial sweeteners in anything.

Snack: Kashi Trail Mix Bar - probably not the best thing for me, but I could actually pronounce every ingredient on the box

Lunch: Organic mixed greens salad with Newman's Own dressing, Cabot cheddar cheese and an Amy's burrito - all organic.

So to recap, it is possible to eat all real food on a budget, I just hope that most people don't let that get in their way of following Pollan's simple rules.

No comments: