Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A gift from my father

Both of my parents are good cooks. My mother always made dinner – every night, no matter how tired or how sick she might have been. I could probably count the number of times we went out or ordered in on one hand.

So whenever I got sick, food was always one of the medicines prescribed – and one of those items on the menu was a nice bowl of Acini di Pepe, a type of pasta, with a little butter and usually some catsup.

Luckily, since my father bought me a box of that very pasta when I moved into my apartment, I always have some on hand.

So as I’m at home today, sidelined with a case of strep throat, I figured I’d put a spin on my childhood favorite, and make one of my favorite comfort foods.

By adding a tablespoon and a half of butter, a couple ounces of milk (cream would also work), salt and pepper, basil and oregano, and a large helping of shredded Colby jack cheese, you’ve got a meal that puts you well on your way to good health.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

FEEL BETTER. pho will be waiting. i actually went with my roommate last night anyway. it was glorious. i was short cash, as expected.