Thursday, December 11, 2008

At home, on hold

I've written six hundred posts before this one, but I'm still unsure why it's taking me this long to write 601. Maybe because it's been a long while since I've done it. Perhaps it's because I've spent the past four months in three states, working on three congressional campaigns, one senate campaign, and not checking out a single food blog along the way. Perhaps it's because as it pertains to this blog, at this moment, I simply have nothing to say.

That's not to say that I no longer have an interest in food, but that it's no longer my primary interest, and I don't feel comfortable writing about food in a city that I haven't stepped foot in for four months.

Sure, I've had some interesting culinary experiences on the road. From the wonderful Indian restaurant in Port St. Lucie and real home cooking in the berbs of Atlanta, to ham sandwiches in Oklahoma and my new all-time favorite restaurant tucked away in a mall in Shreveport, I've been to and eaten at a lot of places I never thought I'd have the chance to go.

I don't know when I'm coming back to Washington, and at this moment I'm looking for campaign work in either Virginia or New Jersey, so if you know someone who has a guy who knows a guy, shoot me an email.

In the meantime, if anyone actually finds their way to this site again, keep reading the blogs on the right. I can't say that I don't miss writing. I miss the restaurants, I miss the people, and damn do I miss the food. But sometimes you've got to move on; because you never know when you'll get another chance to be part of a national scandal in Florida, to work for a convicted felon, or to blow a hundred dollars in five minutes at a blackjack table in Louisiana.

No comments: